A vote of thanks was given to retiring governors Saima Afzal, Gareth Roberts and Claire Banister for all their hard work and support. We look forward to welcoming new parent governors Paula Van Breda and John Moloney to the governing body as new Parent Governors.
The 2012-13 Pupil Progress Data is very encouraging and indicates good progress; the teaching staff have developed a clear and robust SEN progress tracking system. The Governors’ Curriculum Committee working with staff will now consider the detail of the report.
The Governors approved the College Improvement Plan 2013-16. Amongst the targets are:
- All pupils to have individual IT hardware which will be used in a growing proportion of lessons.
- across the curriculum.
- Continue to develop outstanding practice in regard to behaviour, bullying and attendance .
- Redevelop outdoor areas to improve pupil play opportunities.
- Implementation of an ‘on duty’ staff team to manage the school day.
- Continue to develop independent Living Skills by introducing smaller steps.
- Enhance the learning environment for post 16 students.
Finally the Governors gave a vote of thanks to Jenny Savage for her outstanding work in completing phase 1 of the playground development.
The Governors are always available for you and can be contacted through the school office.
Chair of Governors